Nissan Frontier ABS Light Will Not Turn OFF
Nissan ABS Light Reset Procedure
It can be a issue with wiring or a problem with ABS control module.
But before you go troubleshooting further,just try the ABS reset Procedure.
""I have a 99' Frontier ,and my Air Bag Light blinks. It started after I hit a bump.
Will this method work for me? ""
Here's the process to reset the air bag light. I tried it and it works.
If you have the airbag light, it will show steady for a few seconds (the manual says 7 secs) after you turn the key from off to on (but not start) and then start to flash. Here is how to reset it:
1. Turn the key from off to on.
2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.
3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)
4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.
5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.
6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.
If it does not work the first time, just repeat the steps again.