Did you know that the business of buying and selling used cars is one of the most profitable little businesses you can start?
Well it is, but first I want to expose the 8 most common excuses some people use to NOT start this business. Mind you; they are only hurting themselves by believing this erroneous information, but here they are, including the reasons why that excuse is just that - an excuse to NOT start...
EXCUSE FOR NOT STARTING 1: "No one buys cars during a recession."
- Totally untrue! Why? It is true that the NEW car business suffers greatly during a recession, but consistent demand for used cars makes the used car business one of the few true recession-proof businesses anywhere on earth.
EXCUSE FOR NOT STARTING 2: "Its too difficult to make a profit because there are too many used car dealers in the business now."
- There are a lot of people in a lot of businesses that thrive and according to the last time the stats were compiled (about 2005); there were over 625,000,000 (That is six hundred and twenty five MILLION) vehicles registered in the world...and that translates to an almost unlimited amount of opportunities worldwide.
EXCUSE FOR NOT STARTING 3: " The only country you can run a successful used car business is in the U.S."
- That is simply not true because you can start a used car business in any part of the world where you are free to buy and sell things.
EXCUSE FOR NOT STARTING 4: "You would have no life because there is too much work involved in making money in the used car business."
- Untrue again because buying and selling used cars probably offers more free time to do the things you love in life more than any other kind of business. Want to start surfing (Like I do)? Go ahead and pattern your days around good surf sessions. Want to spend more time with those little humans (Your children) you call your children? Good, then start now because you can finally have the time to see your kids grow. Anyway, you get the idea.
EXCUSE FOR NOT STARTING 5: "I'm not a brainiac and don't have a college degree."
- You don't need a college degree to do this and make great money. You only need the desire and some guidance from a good mentor.
EXCUSE FOR NOT STARTING 6: "I can't quit my day job to do this."
- Fine, then go right ahead and keep your day job while learning this business. In fact; you can keep your day job forever if you choose to because the used car business is perfect whether you run it on a part time basis a few hours a week or eventually go full time.
EXCUSE FOR NOT STARTING 7: "Its too hard and expensive to get a car dealers license."
- Well not really. See, one of the cool things about having your own little used car business is that you can start today with no car dealers license and maybe get one later if you choose to. Or you may choose to run your own used car business legally without having your own car dealers license. Yes, there is a way to do this legally with NO car dealers license.
EXCUSE FOR NOT STARTING 8: "This kind of business is way too hard to learn."
- That was the old way. Yes, the old school way was to learn it either by the school of hard knocks (i.e. make a lot of expensive mistakes!), but now you can learn from someone that has made all the mistakes there are to make so you won't...so you can start making good money from day one.
Well now you've seen a few excuses to not start this business. Are those the kind of excuses you have used before? Hmmm, well instead of coming up with more weak excuses, why not check out all the positive reasons to get started buying and selling cars today?